There must be times when one of your home appliances does not operate properly and your dishwasher is no exception. When it is the case, then there are some parts that you can first check to find out where the trouble source is. Before you do all below checking, you have to make sure to unplug the power supply for safety reason. Here are the parts of dishwasher that you can check yourself:
1. Check the power supply of your dishwasher. Does the power supply reach the dishwasher? When there are some problems with the fuse or circuit breaker, then no power will reach the dishwasher and as the result, it will not work at all. Therefore, you need to replace the broken fuse or circuit breaker.
2. Check on the door switch whirlpool dishwasher repair pasadena. The door switch is the main connector of power supply to the machine. Therefore, there must be no defect in the door switch at all in order the dishwasher to operate properly. You can detect any defect of the switch by removing the cover of control panel
3. Check on the wiring. When your dishwasher is quite old, then it is likely that the wiring system is already fragile. It means that the wire can be easily burnt up and then obstruct the connection. If the problem is indeed from the fragile wiring, then you need to change the whole wiring system in your dishwasher as well as the connectors.
4. The problem can also be from dishwasher selector and timer switches. The only alternative if they are broken is replacing them with the new ones, because such devices are not repairable.
5. The water on dishwasher inlet regular can also be the source of problem. One thing to indicate the defect is if the water supply to the dishwasher is not sufficient so that the machine cannot clean up the dishes thoroughly. Another indication to this defect is the knocking sound from the dishwasher called as “water hammer”. You can find these regulators on the left of the lower panel, consisting of a rubber tube with 2 wires and is connected to the water supply. If it is true that here is the problem, then replacing the whole regulators is the only thing you can do.
6. Check on the float switch. Every dishwasher always has float switches used to prevent water overflows. This device is from plastic material that will rise in accordance to the water level. If the float switches are stuck and are not in accordance with water level, then it is the obvious sign to repair or even replace the switches.
7. Check on the internal filter. You will find a filter in your dishwasher to prevent any rubbish or food particles entering the pump circulation. When the filter is dirty or getting blocked with some rubbish or food particles, your dishwasher might not wash the dishes thoroughly. It means that you have to clean up the filter. It is a very easy thing to do. If you keep the manual, you can find further instructions on how to clean up the filter properly. However, the latest models generally come with automatic self-cleaning features so that you do not bother to clean the filter manually.
Above are some troubleshooting tips for your dishwasher in case they get stuck and cannot operate properly. They are actually quite easy to do, but if you are too sure about it, you can just call a technician to have the repair done.